Work has kept me so, so, so, busy lately. I feel totally blessed by the work I am receiving but am missing the blog a bit and getting to get into the kitchen and experiment with baking for this wonderful season. I'd like to feature a couple gluten and dairy-free guest recipe posts on the blog this season, so if you're interested, send me a message on what you'd like to create and I'll choose a few guest posters.
I had a major fertility appointment yesterday. I was at the doctor for close to three hours and my wonderful Mr. Charming and his mom came and sat in the waiting room for support. We got good news and some news on my MTHFR condition and some things we will have to work on to overcome obstacles, for I'm hopeful and my doctor is a sweetheart and seems to know what she is talking about, so we left feeling positive that we can keep trying. So prayers requested on our journey towards future Baby P.
Today's Tickle Me Tuesday was easy to put together, as I am feeling energetic and light on Day 17 of the Whole 30 diet challenge. Much, much better than the napping, constant headache, hangover-feeling of the first week!
1. Mr Charming & I are getting organized. Last weekend we both took a full day off and organized our kitchen cabinets and he built me shelves in our home theatre so I could alphabetize our film collection. You have NO idea how happy this makes me.
2. Mr. Charming's Au Gratin Sweet Potatoes. Seriously, they are Whole 30 Compliant, delicious and so comforting for Fall. I keep eating them & talking about them, yet I realize I havn't posted the recipe. And I am so sorry. I don't know why I am keeping such goodness from you all. I will post them soon.
3. My new carpet. I got a new kitchen rug. This is a big deal because I've been searching for one FOREVER. Mr. Charming built us a gorgeous dining room table (that he built for our wedding and we ate at it on our wedding night *swoon*) but its massive, and I havnt been able to find a run big enough that didn't cost our savings, until now. Thank you Target. Photos coming soon of the before and after kitchen design, once I get a little more work done on it!
4. Christmas Shopping. I am a quarter of the way done and it's still early November. I feel really grown up this year.
5. Good news. God has blessed us with amazing family, friends, love and career. It's nice to sit in silence with Him and just be thankful. I am thankful and hopeful that our road to our own little family is in His plans for us and just pray to stay close to Him as he unfolds our story before us.
Welcome! My name is Mandi & I hope you stay in this happy little space a while. I'm a Christian, a wife to my Mr. Charming, mama to baby Greyson, healthy food-lover, traveler, professional journalist and Personal Nutritionist who hopes to inspire others with my story...
Join the email list to stay informed on new posts, recipes and exclusive giveaways.